I came back to find out Dad had put a couple more walls together, but hadn't been able to do much more than that because of the rain. He did have to go out one night last week with a sump pump to pump the water out of the basement. Good news though, our drain tiles work well and all the water goes right to the corner of the house where the sump basin is going to go. So Dad was able to pump all the water directly into the sump line and out to the ditch.
Friday evening the framing nailer we had borrowed wasn't working properly. (Looks like it needs some new gaskets) So Dad and Grandpa cut studs, and I dipped them in the green stuff that preserves the ends and stacked them nicely in the basement. We now have all the studs cut that we will need for the walls.
Saturday morning we went to Home Depot to buy a new framing nailer that they had on sale. After dealing with the incompetent people in the Midland store we finally had one put aside for us at the Saginaw store. Mom and Laura went over to pick that up and some more lumber for us. Once Dad got his new toy we were in business. We put up a few walls with Mom, Dad, Laura and I on Saturday afternoon and evening.
Sunday Brad came out to help. He was a tremendous help and even made a trip home for his framing nailer when ours started acting up. (Dad was up late last night...so hopefully he was able to fix ours)
We now have all of the walls for the front of the basement up. In the picture on top of the post you can see Mom and Dad working on the end wall. I didn't get a picture with it up because it was dark by the time we finished. :) It's starting to actually take form and look like a house now! I'm hoping to get quite a few more done this week and weekend so we can utilize Laura and her muscles before she goes back to school next week!
Just a little heads up....
ReplyDeleteLast night I got word that at the Monthly Mole Meeting there was talk of gathering arms and heading to a new home construction site, your street mentioned as a crossroad. "Revenge", "Eye for an Eye", mentioned as well.
I couldn't get more detail than that, it got fuzzy down there, no air and all.
Or maybe it was the margaritas Jenn. You should probably cut back on those! :)
ReplyDeleteHa! And now I get to mix them with NARCOTICS.
ReplyDeleteOh, happy, happy day. :)