Ok...no pictures today. It looks pretty much like it did last weekend. And really...how much soffit and siding can you guys stand to look at?
We finished most of the soffit this weekend...until we ran out of solid pieces and F-channel. So Dad will be making a trip to Kawkawlin tomorrow to pick up the rest of our supplies. I had a vacation day on Friday so Dad and I worked in some pretty nice weather that afternoon. It did make a muddy mess of my yard though...and I made my boots about 5 pounds heavier a piece. Saturday and Sunday were cold. It snowed on and off Sunday while we were working. Luckily our outdoor work end is in sight.
We do have some exciting stuff happening in the next couple weeks though. My stone was delivered on Thursday. Our stone mason has a couple jobs to finish up, but plans to start on the stone in a couple weeks. That will make a HUGE difference on the appearance of the outside of the house.
When I stopped by to check out the stone delivery after work Thursday our hardwood floor installer was visiting with Dad. Looks like he'll be able to start laying that in about a week if I can get the moisture out of the floor boards. I was kind of liking having my thermostat set to 50 degrees...and was ready to enjoy a relatively low heating bill. However, to dry out the house we have been running the furnace set to 70 degrees...It's nice to walk in when I've been standing in the snow...but it's going to be a bit costly to heat a house I don't even live in yet.
Dad has mandated that I have ceramic tile on site by next weekend so he can start working on that during his week off. So that should be an exciting process also. I guess I'll be out shopping for tile this week!
Laura was home this weekend so we celebrated her birthday this morning with some birthday candles in cinnamon rolls. She is rather busy this week with tests and studying...so she doesn't have the time for us to come visit her at school. So if you're thinking about it...wish her a happy birthday on Wednesday!
Anyway...that's it for now. I have to go try to thaw out some more from the day of work. I hope everyone has a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment