Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas with your friends and family. I know I did. That is why I'm a little behind in posting some new pictures and updates. Please cut me some slack...It's Christmas. :)

The stone is finished on the front. It looks absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy with it...which is probably a good thing since it's permanent. :)


Dad and I picked up the trim last Monday. It is sitting at the house waiting for me to stain it. And there is A LOT of staining to do! Looks like I'll be busy for awhile. But that's not a bad thing.

I bought Dad a new present to help with the trim and crown mold on the cabinets. He is now the proud owner of a Bosch compound miter saw. I hear he was as bad as a little kid...while I was sleeping in on Christmas morning he was downstairs trying to find the tag to find out who the big box was for! :)


The cabinets are built and just need to be stained and finished. The cabinet doors should be here sometime between Christmas and New Years. So when they finish the cabinets and put on the doors we should have lots of cabinets to set. I can't wait to see how they turned out!

After all the snow we got in the last week the ground was looking pretty nice...a nice Christmas background. Yesterday the weather turned spring-like. It was 50 degrees outside with a lot of dense fog and rain. Dad and I did not let that stop us from working outside though! We put up some soffit. I finished the siding on the front porch and mounted a couple of my motion lights on the garage. The rest of the yard was too muddy to do much else.

A little update on why you haven't had updates...

After we picked up the trim last Monday we headed up north to see some friends that we have not seen in quite some time. It was great to be able to spend the afternoon and evening with the Tulks. We miss them living down here close to us, but we'll have to make do since they seem to really like Elk Rapids and the Traverse City area.

Vic and Lisa were up for a whirlwind trip from Tennessee and came over to visit on Tuesday evening. They brought a house warming gift for me! It is a beautiful rocking chair to sit on my deck or porch. They said it is even personally monogrammed for me...with a Tennessee T. :) I love it and can't wait to use it when the weather warms up!


Christmas Eve and Christmas were enjoyed spending time with the family around the house and frantically wrapping presents to put under the tree. :)

Yesterday we had Mom's side of the family over for our Christmas party. It was great that almost everyone could make it. The exception is Laura...who is in Tampa, FL playing in a national intramural flag football tournament. Yes, you may need to read that again, a national intramural flag football tournament. She's a crazy kid! :) She called me this morning poolside to let me know their game schedule. Let's hope they do well!

Anyway...that's the update for now...I hope this finds everyone well and full of Christmas goodies!

1 comment: