Monday, January 12, 2009

While we did work on the house this weekend we weren't able to put as much time towards it as we had hoped. I spent a good portion of the weekend helping the family clean out Grandpa's house so we can sell it. We had quite a few mouse sightings and some entertainment. While the task was not a fun one we made the best of it. Grandpa is doing well, but he is in a nursing home and we need to sell his house. We made a dent in the house, but I know there is still more stuff that we will find when we get to the rest of the house. Everyone took home quite a stash. Most of my lawn equipment is taken care of, as well as my collection of Tupperware and other kitchen gadgets. I shouldn't have to buy much when I move in...just run a bunch of stuff through the dishwasher...over and over and over again! :)

Dad worked on my shower most of the day Sunday. It is 90% finished. I love it! He has some bull nose tile along the side to finish and a row or two of tile on the top of the other end of the shower. It still needs to be grouted, but it's looking great. Due to the time spent at Grandpa's on Saturday Dad didn't get to finish it and set the bathroom cabinet like he would have liked.


While most of my cabinets are built, they still have a couple to finish. So we will wait and pick up the rest of them later. The picture of the main bath cabinet above here shows pretty close to the color that they actually are. I think the color in the cabinet below might be a bit off...but it is shown with my kitchen tile to give you an idea of how they will look. I can't wait to start putting them in.

I did some varnishing last night. Still working on it...I think I'm about half way through my first coat. Quite the process I tell ya.

So that's the update for this week! I hope everyone is doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tara! Sorry I have not been commenting on all your fantastic work somehow in between hard drives crashing I lost my automatic RSS feed on your blog. Anywhooo now I have it fixed and can keep up to date better!
    So looking through your last few blogs made me think of how great it is to see all the stages of your house. Did you know that you can publish your blog into a book? There a are a couple of services that do it. http://www.blurb.com/ is one that gives you losts of options. I mean how cool of a coffee table book would that be once it is all said and done!

    ReplyDelete