Monday, February 9, 2009

Movin' On Up!

I have some exciting non-house related news! I recently accepted a job with Hemlock Semiconductor! I put in my two weeks notice at the end of last week at Wineman. It was a tough decision to leave a company I've worked at for 8 years, and friends that I've worked with for 10. But this is a good move for me and it was the right thing to do! So we went out to celebrate on Saturday night with a dinner at Genjis and some ice cream cake afterwards. It was a great night out with the family! I start at HSC on February 23. I am really looking forward to the change.

Onto the house stuff. No pictures today. There's nothing really exciting to take pictures of. I stained all of the windows in the house on Friday and Saturday. That job SUCKS! Thankfully it is done. I put a first coat of varnish on them yesterday. The sanding and second coat of varnish is not going to be a fun job either. Oh well. Such is the life of a house builder. :) They are looking nice though. I did have one mishap on Friday when I kicked the can of stain. It did not tip over, but splashed over the edge, made a big spot on my floor and turned my white shoe brown, stained my toes brown and the bottom cuff of one pant leg. Oops! :)

The trim has all been stained and two coats of varnish put on. I just need to do some organization down in the basement to get some of it out of the way. I need to stain and varnish the extension jams for the windows, but that should go much quicker than the trim...there isn't much there.

Dad screwed down all of the tile board to the floors...so now we're ready to start setting cabinets. THAT is going to make a huge difference in what my kitchen looks like! I can't wait!

Things are still moving...

1 comment:

  1. that is going to be a FUN change!!! Can't wait to see what they look like in their spot!

    And, a very BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so excited for your new career path!

    ReplyDelete