Friday, September 14, 2007

Basement Floor

The rain finally held off long enough for us to get the basement floor poured. It rained on Monday and Tuesday which left it too wet to get a truck around the lot on Wednesday. So they poured the floor on Thursday. I headed out Thursday evening to check out the job and get some pictures. They are coming back today to cut it.

I believe Dad is going to try to get the steel beams set sometime today.

I don't know exactly what this weekend's work entails, but I have some guesses. We have to put the rest of the plywood on the basement walls. We left them open for easier access to the basement. I also get to haul MORE pea gravel out of the basement. We had the sump and waste crocks filled with pea gravel to ensure they weren't going to float away if it rained before the floor was in. (Learned that the hard way) Dad also wants to put another layer of plates on top of the walls. Hopefully early next week we'll be able to start getting the floor system down.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!!!! I'll hold off on my rain dances (my grass is green again, and well my flowers have already had their last hurray). Looks great- Can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete