I have realized my dad is not a plumber over the last week. It's not because he can't do the job. It's not because he can't do the job well. He's doing a great job on my basement plumbing. It's just taking longer than what someone who is a plumber by trade would take. I wonder if that's because I have not once seen a plumber's crack on him. I wonder if that's the key. I'm not real anxious to try out that theory though...so we'll let him take his time and do it right!
Dad really has been busting his butt to get this plumbing done so we can pour the floor. He worked all day Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday on the plumbing. He is almost finished! A lot of the time doing this plumbing has been consumed digging trenches. Remember at the beginning of this project I described the ground as concrete? Same thing again. Mom and I tried to help by digging a trench yesterday and all we can do is slowly chip away at it. So Dad figured he could do it better himself.
Friday night Mom and I hauled sand in 5 gallon buckets for Dad to pack around the waste and sump crocks. I think my arms are a couple inches longer than they were last week. Saturday we nailed plywood to the inside of the studs to give the concrete guys something to level the floor to.
Sunday Dad told us there wasn't much for Mom, Laura and I to do, so we should throw the kayaks on the truck and get out on the river for one last time this summer. That was a wonderful break and we enjoyed the afternoon on the water. Sunday night we took hot dogs and smores fixin's out to the lot for a fire. It was nice sitting around the fire enjoying a beverage and some roasted marshmallows.
While it was an enjoyable Labor Day weekend for me, it was an exhausting one for Dad. Hopefully we can move on to something else that I can help on soon. I feel guilty when I see Dad come home tired and sore, knowing I just spent 3 hours on the river getting a sun tan.
I hope everyone else had an enjoyable long weekend! Hopefully I'll have more to update later in the week.
We came to inspect the new home on Sunday about 1:30 p.m. and no one there. Dad must have been taking a much needed break. It sounds like he might have needed one. If he needs plumbing advice, have his call on Gramps. He don't do physical labor anymore, but the mind still works perfectly. Love you guys.
ReplyDeleteIt's official.
ReplyDeleteYour Dad ROCKS.