Monday, October 22, 2007

Bring in the Dirt

This weekend was used to prepare the house for backfill. Friday was miserable out at the house. The wind was blowing like you wouldn't believe, we worked through at least two rain showers, and it was COLD! Saturday and Sunday were windy, but very pleasant temperatures. Sunday I even worked in short sleeves for awhile!

We put the Styrofoam up around the house. The wind made that a bit difficult, but we prevailed. We also finished building the garage and porch foundation walls. Three of the four garage walls are up with the fourth to be stood after the excavator is in. Dad also had enough material to build one brick ledge, the other will have to wait until we get some more treated lumber.

I did not get any pictures this weekend. I'll try to stop and get one after the backfill has been done today on my way home from work.

No comments:

Post a Comment