Slow and Steady Wins the Race
This is what the house looked like Sunday morning. It still looks pretty similar. All of the floor joist were put up last week, and the remaining work is details. These details aren't really visible from the bird's eye view. We have put extra bracing in for the walls that run parallel to the joist so that when we back fill the walls don't push in. I have cut mini studs for those same walls so we have something to nail the sub-floor to. We have also put extra bracing in the cantilevered joist that overhang the basement foundation. Most of the rim board is up around the house. The only section remaining is the south side, the one you can see in the picture. Dad was going to take today off to work on that, but the rain has foiled that plan. I do consider us pretty lucky though...the weather this weekend was fantastic! It was sunny and mid 70s. Both Dad and I thought we would be putting the sub-floor on by Sunday at the latest...considering we both took Friday off to work on the house. However, the details are going slower than both of us thought they would. Details are good though...it means I won't have my fireplace falling off the back of my house because it wasn't supported properly. I won't have visitors falling through the patio door for the same reason.Things are moving...and hopefully once we get the floor down you'll see more progress. I know the pictures all pretty much look the same so far. :) I hope everyone is having a Happy Monday!
Damn rain.
ReplyDeleteSorry. It's as chipper as I could get.
Next week, it'll be sunny.