I ordered my siding on June 23. I was told that it should be delivered by the end of the week. The factory got backed up and it didn't show up, but I was told it would be there early the first week of July. I was thinking, "Great...then I'll have a 3 day weekend with the 4th of July to put siding up!" It didn't show. I called the store, left messages for my salesman, never received phone calls back. I'm tyring to be friendly because Dad likes this salesman...but my siding is going on 3 weeks late. Finally Wednesday Dad called the store...and holy cow...he was told the siding would be delivered the next day! Happy day!
The delivery day was yesterday. I stopped at the house after work...no siding. I was kind of angry. However, as I sat down to watch my Tigers play at 7:00 I received a phone call from the delivery truck driver who had my siding. This is how the conversation went.
Delivery Guy: Uh, yeah, I'm heading to your house to deliver your siding, but I'm alone. Is there going to be someone there that can help me unload these boxes? They are pretty long.
Tara: No problem, I'll meet you out there.
Delivery Guy: Is anyone else going to be there? I don't know if you can pick these up.
Tara: Nope, just me.
Delivery Guy: I would prefer a man. Is there a man that will be out there?
If you're thinking what I was thinking, yes, he really did say that to me.
Tara: Nope, I'm all you've got...I'm sure we can handle it.
Delivery Guy: Well I guess if I can back up to your garage I can slide them off the truck.
At that point I'm thinking, If he can slide them off the truck by himself the two of us can surely carry them off! I'm also thinking if it's so heavy that we can't pick them up together...he should probably be bringing a truck with a fork truck on it! Whatever, I headed out to meet him at the house.
I wait, and I wait, and as I'm waiting I get this sinking feeling in my stomach. I call the Home Depot store to ask what the delivery address is. Yep, it was the home address. So I told her she needed to call her delivery guy and give him the correct one. She told me she'd "see what she could do"...I was even more perturbed, but started back home to catch the delivery driver at my house.
A much nicer gentleman from the store called my cell and said, "I'm calling the driver right now...we'll get this taken care of." So I turn around and head back to the construction site. Most of the way there the man calls back and says, "I'm really sorry...he dropped it all in your driveway." I told him I had to get 4 cars in that driveway that night, so he better get a truck to come pick it up and deliver it to the correct place. He said he was working on that as we spoke, trying to get a manager to approve it. I told him if he had problems with his manager to let me speak with him...I would convince him of the correct course of action.
The siding did get picked up...and it was delivered to the correct address finally. Putting up siding this weekend? Let's hope so!
what a headache!
ReplyDeletebut, you are a girl....what did you expect!!!
Hahaha!!!
morons....good thing you don't deal with the same delivery guys over and over....!
OMG!!! what did hannah mean, you are a girl...what did you expect?
ReplyDeleteyou expected as a HOME BUILDER, to have delivery people (notice i said people and not person!) to be able to do THEIR job effeciently...why only send one guy? it has nothing to do with what sex you are~~oh, hannah, aunt nora is going to have to have a talk with you about sexist attitudes. notice tara didn't flinch once!! you go home builder!
Oh Aunt Nora, if you knew Hannah you would know that was a SARCASTIC comment! :) She'd take as much offense to it as anyone. :)
ReplyDeletethanks heaven! i'd like to meet this hannah since i think she lives on old mission?
ReplyDelete