Monday, July 28, 2008

All Talk


All talk I tell you! All of you who volunteered to help paint...I didn't see ANY of you on Saturday! Even Grandpa bailed on us for painting! He said he's not a painter and to let him know when we are back to siding. What? You say those were the voices in my head that volunteered? OK, I guess you guys are off the hook then. Except for Miss Jenn...What has she been talking about since day one on this blog? Painting...fun painting...orange wall painting...this is how our conversation went earlier in the week.

Me: Jenn! Make sure you have a babysitter for the kids this weekend! We're finally painting! I'll see you Saturday morning?

Jenn: Uh...Saturday...hmmm...painting....um....yeah....I have this wedding to go to up north...yeah that's it! A wedding!

Me: But I'm PAINTING!

Jenn: Yeah...wedding...and a ball tournament! Yeah, that too! I'm super busy...way too busy to paint! But I WISH I could be there to help you!

Hmmm...sounds awful fishy to me! :) Really...that was a bit of an exaggeration...and she really did have a ball tournament and a wedding to go to...I guess she'll have to help with the finish paint to redeem herself. And Jenn...try to keep your jaw from hitting the floor...but when are you available to go carpet and paint shopping with me? I think I'm going to put some color at least in the living room right away...very neutral (not orange)...but some color. The rest of the house will have to go room to room as I furnish them.

I had Friday off. So we met with a cabinet guy to talk about pricing and design in the morning. Then we headed out to meet Grandpa at the house. Grandpa and I did the siding on the little section on the south side of the house. Since we didn't have all of our siding parts we could only do sections with outside corners. We ended up doing a pretty good job I think! Dad, Grandpa, and I worked on a bit of the back side of the house at the end of the day to wrap it up. The rest of the siding parts were delivered Friday afternoon. So we're ready to start moving on that again.

We put the siding on hold for the rest of the weekend. It was time to get out the paint rollers! Mom and I spent most of the day Saturday prepping the house for painting. We vacuumed up all the drywall dust and wiped down the walls and ceilings twice. We then set up to put the 40+ gallons of primer on the walls. Dad had a sprayer and Mom and I followed behind with rollers to even out the paint. We wrapped up pretty late, and started again early Sunday morning. We still have the garage to paint tonight. Hopefully it will go smoothly. Once the paint is dry the drywaller can come in to texture the ceilings.

The picture of the living room didn't turn out as well as I would have liked...the lighting was less than desirable...but trust me that it looks great. It's pretty exciting to be painting and siding...but there is still SO much work left to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment