Monday, September 29, 2008

Nothing Overly Exciting

I'm sorry I've been behind in putting an update up. We didn't get a whole lot done the weekend before last, and nothing that was really picture worthy...so I didn't put an update up. Mom and Dad had two weddings to go to while Laura and I had one. So we were pretty busy with non-house stuff.

This weekend was another weekend that we probably didn't get a lot done that is visibly noticeable, but Mom and Dad worked pretty hard. I, on the other hand, had a relatively easy weekend. :)

Friday was Grandpa's 84th birthday. In order to help him celebrate we invited Aunt Kate and Uncle Paul up for dinner. Laura came home from school for the evening to spend the evening with Grandpa. We enjoyed our evening out, and we hope Grandpa enjoyed it too.


Saturday morning at the house started with a visit from the Randall family. I was finally able to see Carson. He is an adorable baby, and very good natured...except when he has the hiccups. :) Mom and I sanded my green wall and repainted that on Saturday morning. There was a lot of debris in the wall and we were not happy with the way it looked at all. It looks much nicer now.

Saturday afternoon I headed down to Detroit with a friend to watch my last Tigers' game of the season. We saw Todd Jones' retirement speech, watched Gary Sheffield swinging for the fence in his attempt for that 500th home run, and we enjoyed seeing the Tigers beat Tampa. After a night on the town Khristine ended up $10 down at the casino and I ended up $0.65 ahead. Hey...don't laugh...it's probably the only time I've ended up ahead at the casino!

On the house front we did accomplish a bit. Dad has been working all week to grade the stone in my driveway in preparation for pouring the concrete for the apron. I will have half the driveway concrete and the last half will be stone for now. So the driveway is graded and ready to pour. Hopefully we have a nice day sometime this week. I also have a furnace and duct work throughout the basement! Just in time for the cold weather.

1 comment:

  1. things are really coming along tara! I can't wait to see it, hopefully the next time we are down!

    miss ya.

    ReplyDelete