Monday, September 8, 2008

More Paint and More Siding




We did have a good weekend and got a lot accomplished.

Grandpa, Dad and I put up almost all of the siding on the front porch. There are a few small pieces to put around the door area, but Dad has some work to do here first. We also added some siding out back by the chimney.

Dad worked on prepping some areas for me to do siding around the back while Mom and I painted yesterday. The painting is going much better this week, now that we know what we're doing. :) We even were brave enough to do one of the big walls in the living room. It turned out really well! Now that we are taping the ceiling it is going much quicker and easier. Dad originally told us we didn't need to tape the ceiling. It didn't look too good without our tape...too many mistakes on the ceiling. :) Jenni, I am getting good and practiced for when I come down to help you with the baby's room...if you can wait until winter for me to come down to help! :) Mom and I are going to do some more painting tonight.

I have a bit of black dirt spread up towards the back of the house. There are quite a few weeds there. While we were doing some siding work out there Saturday afternoon I realized there are quite a few poison ivy plants growing with those weeds! I knew I had some out in my ditch, but didn't realize it was all over. I guess I'll have to make sure we kill everything before we plant grass...I'm itching just at the suggestion of having the plant near me!

2 comments:

  1. lordy, lordy, you know grampa gets poison ivy every time he goes north, please keep him safe!!

    love y'all, aunt nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny Aunt Nora, because when I pointed it out to him he said, "Oh, that's poison ivy?" I told him to stay away from it...I get it pretty good too...so we'll have to rid the yard of that problem.

    ReplyDelete