Friday, April 8, 2011

A Much Needed Vacation

I was starting to go crazy at work.  I was grumpy and short with people.  So I was glad Khristine had suggested we take a trip to visit Dad in Tennessee over her spring break!  Spring Break couldn't have landed at a better time.

Dad was nice enough to let Khris and I take his convertible down.  I think he had an ulterior motive...that meant he got to drive it while we were down there!  :)  We had a couple double takes and people checking us out on the drive down including one vehicle of dumb boys who kept speeding up and slowing down to look at us.  That got real old real quick after the first 2 times he did it.

Only one day was nice enough to drive around with the top down, but boy was it a beauty!  80 degrees and sunny made for a nice sunburn, complete with a seat belt strap mark.


We took one whole day to spend in Nashville.  We visited the Ryman Auditorium and got our picture taken with the Minnie Pearl statue.  Did some walking around and visited the Country Music Hall of Fame.  We spent the evening watching a Grand Ole Opry show and then returned downtown to hang out at some of the honky tonks.  We made it to one and enjoyed watching the dance floor and the band. 



This pic was at the end of our honky tonk night.  We thought Drew might enjoy the picture.  :)


We had some excitement while shopping one day.  We got herded into a back hallway of the mall and had to wait out a tornado warning.  I guess tornado warnings are different in TN than they are in MI.  You are about 99% certain to see at least one tornado during a warning if you are in TN.  Luckily we were safe and just had some high winds and nasty weather.  That was the excitement of our day that day.

Khris and I each came home with a pair of cowboy boots.  I'm very excited to be able to wear mine!  They are so stinkin cute!

On the way home we stopped at the Louisville Slugger Factory and Museum.  We took a tour of the factory, did some shopping in their gift shop and got a couple pictures. 


All in all it was a great trip!  I was so glad to be able to spend the week with Dad and to have some quality time with Khristine besides our 10 minute phone calls during the week.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great trip! Glad to hear you were able to get away for some R&R :)

    ReplyDelete