Yes, that is my basement. Yes, I know the hole isn't that deep. Yes, I know I need to bring in A LOT of fill.
Not a whole lot to report, but I wanted to get the picture up of the basement hole. Dad and I went out to check the elevations last night. The excavator did mess up one of the batter boards. Remember that iterative process I told you about in the last post? The one with all the measuring...yep...we have to do that all over again! Although Dad tells me it will be much easier since we only have to change things from one corner. We'll be setting up the footings this week and pouring on Saturday morning.
I finally met my neighbors right next door last night...the hot air balloon neighbors. They have offered to take me for a ride. Hopefully I'll have time for it! They did tell me that they think one of the guys in the balloon took pictures of my hole from the air last night, so they are going to see if they can get a copy of it!
That's it for now...I'll probably put more up this weekend.
Yippee!!
ReplyDeleteSo we should be painting in like a month, right? ;)
What an exciting process! You should be so proud of what you have accomplished! I can't wait to get a tour once there are walls...Love, The other T.
ReplyDelete