Thursday, July 19, 2007

We Have Liftoff

Hooray! We've hired an excavator! (I use the term "we" like I had a say in this decision...while in reality we all know that these are the types of decisions a dad makes!) This is good...no wait...this is fantastic! He is finishing up a job this week and should start pushing aside the topsoil on my property on Saturday. How exciting is that? For most people it would be somewhat exciting...but for someone who has been waiting for this moment for 4 years...it's the super exciting!

I also had the privilege of giving the township some more money today to get my building permit and the initial part of my water hook-up permit. Have I ranted yet on how I think permits and the fees they require are a big farce? Honestly, everyone wants their money for every little thing you do to your property, even if they don't DO anything...they want money for them to give me permission to do something to property that I ALREADY OWN! Did you know permit fees are not always flat rates either? Building permits are based on the size of your house. Electrical permits are based on how many outlets, switches, etc that are being installed in your house! It's all a scam I tell you!

OK...enough ranting...on to more exciting things...like floor plans. I've posted an image of my floor plan here. It's approximately 1800 square feet, 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths. Hopefully you can see everything on the image.So for those of you who have been saying, "Ok...she still says she's going to build this house...but I just don't think it's going to happen"...it's going to happen...and it's starting this weekend. So I should be putting updates up more often now that I will have more exciting things to share...I didn't think you wanted to hear the small details about pulling permits and cabinet and flooring quotes. To all you WTI folk who have a pool going on when I'm breaking ground...I guess that would be Saturday...hope the pot was a good one!

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Speaking of fees, have I mentioned my guest blogging fees?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We broke ground on June 6th. Tomorrow they're putting on the front deck, starting the siding and running wire. The plumbers should be finishing up shortly, too. Walls are there, just not drywalled yet. It's exciting, but also boring for me. I want to put in kitchen cabinets and put down the flooring and paint the walls and all that FUN stuff. Apparently all these boring prerequisites need to be taken care of first (says my hubby). Good luck to you. It IS an exciting adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well they have actually done it!!! The topsoil has been peeled back from the site and the digging is about to begin. We drove by the site yesterday and saw the whole family busily working. Looks like Tara's dream is becoming a reality.

    ReplyDelete