We know all about Crow's house. I'd like to say a few things about building other things. Things like a life and friendships and how amazing Crow is at this type of creation.
Specifically, I'd like to talk about Crow's foundation. It is made of items that have created the core of someone that I love dearly and am truly in awe of.
Crow's a popular girl. A girl whose life is filled with many friends, a fabulous family, and a busy social schedule. A girl who, when we met, didn't need another friend, especially one like me, a single mom running low on hope and happiness.
Crow is made of stuff that keeps me together. She's made of the type of loyalty that you rarely find today. The kind of loyalty that doesn't sit idly by while you're getting the crap kicked out of you, but rather the kind of loyalty that pushes you aside so she can take the hits for you.
She's mixed that in with a generous heart and thoughtfulness that astounds me. The kind of thoughtfulness that goes on vacation to Florida and brings back presents for my children who won't be seeing Disneyworld anytime soon.
She's the brave part of me. She's the teammate who believes that I can make the three pointer to win the game with one second left on the clock. She's the coach who assures me that I know the basics, I just need to keep applying them with confidence. Then she tosses some confidence my way because she knows when I'm lacking it.
Her foundation has offered me shelter from more than one storm. It's given me warmth from sunlight that I couldn't see. It's lent me a space to come and sit and rest my legs for a bit. It's pointed out stars on the darkest of nights.
She's built of things that last, things that you'll want to pass along to to generations to come. Things that you'll thank God for every day of your life.
Her foundation is rock solid, through and through. And we all know how very important a solid foundation is.
Love you Crow.
jenn, she gather's friends like her aunt nora. y'all quit making me cry when i read these things will ya??
ReplyDeleteAww, Jenn. You made me cry, too. Thanks for saying such nice things about my sister! I couldn't ask for a better one. And I'm glad she has such a friend as you. I know you're a good friend to her, and I thank you for that, as well.
ReplyDeleteLove you, Crow! :)