Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Almost there...


It looks like I can finally stand close to the edge of the house and not worry about how high I am off the ground, because now I can step up to it. The excavator was in yesterday to do most of the backfill. The south side of the house will remain unfilled until we use the lumber piled up there to build our walls. The rest of the house is up to grade, or almost there. They put the septic tank in and started on the septic field. They were planning on coming back to finish the garage and the septic field today. I've posted two pictures, one is from the south side of the house, my normal picture angle, and the other is looking at the front of the house from the road.

It looks like this week our friend Vic will be back in town to help again too. So hopefully with three of us working we can get some walls up! I can continue my Styrofoam project while Dad and Vic build walls tonight.

2 comments:

  1. It's looking good, and a little less scary.

    So I should be painting this weekend, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're really looking forward to this painting thing aren't you? :)

    ReplyDelete