Monday, February 4, 2008

Another Weekend Gone

This weekend was pretty exciting for me. I saved a boatload of money thanks to a friendly Home Depot employee. We received a phone call Saturday morning from the man in the window department that had done our quote. He let us know that for two days only they were running a promotion for 10% off your first purchase on a new Home Depot credit card. Normally there is a $200 limit on the 10% discount, but this time it was unlimited! So we went in to finalize the window package and make sure we had what we needed.

Before leaving the store we ran through the appliance section real quick. I was just going to check out some prices and see what they had. Another friendly Home Depot employee came over to talk to us and told us about the promotions they had going on for the weekend. As they say in the movies, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse! And believe me, I tried. Mom and I spent all day Sunday shopping anywhere else they have appliances in the Tri-City area. Between the Home Depot gift card rebates, Maytag manufacturer rebate and the 10% off deal, I couldn't find anything else close! So I purchased a washer, dryer, refrigerator, range, dishwasher, and microwave yesterday! They will even hold off delivery until May for me.

Jenn, you will be glad to know that I will have all new appliances in this house and Billy Bob won't have to "borrow" any from his neighbors' porches for me! I know you have been concerned about that. :) If anyone is confused about the Billy Bob reference, please refer to Jenn's Christmas letter to Santa.

While Mom and I were appliance price shopping Dad was working out at the house. He put some more framing in for the rest of my skylights and worked on my chimney walls. He was even home in time to watch his team lose the Super Bowl last night.

2 comments:

  1. Sa-Weet!

    In that case, dibs on the chair with the dual cup-holders. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I tried to post yesterday and it didn't happen I will try again today. I want in on the tour you're going to give Cathie. I don't have any appliances to donate but will bring a tree branch to make samores with. I check here often and have been watching your progress....it's fun!

    ReplyDelete