I went to visit Crow and conduct a personal inspection of what she's been up to rather than just trusting what she says on her blog. Photo-shop is an amazing tool, you know. For all intents and purposes, she could just be hanging out at home, watching Star Wars and just saying that she's working. You'll all be relieved to know that I have verified that, yes indeed, she's been a busy girl. I can hardly wait to start helping her paint. I sort of see it going down like this:
Crow: Um, I thought this was supposed to be "Sandy Beach"
Me: (Whistling) It isn't?
Crow: Um, no, it looks orange to me.
Me: Let me check it out. Huh, nope, looks sandy to me. Maybe your eyes still aren't working right from that sawdust that got caught in them.
Crow: Jenn, that was like six months ago. It was a speck of dirt. It was in ONE eye. I never lost my vision. This is orange.
Jenn: Holy Snikes! What was that?
Crow turns to look, awakens a couple of hours later, a tad groggy with a bump on her head, an orange wall with black and white photos on it in front of her.
Jenn: Crow, are you OK?
Crow: I don't know, what happened?
Jenn: I told you that that ceiling fan didn't look stable. It totally fell and knocked you out. I fixed it, and while you were out, I painted the wall for you.
Crow: It's orange.
Jenn: I know, don't you remember saying you wanted it orange right before that fan fell? You said you wanted it orange, so while you were unconscious, I left you here and ran to the store to get some orange paint, because you're my friend, and I'll be jiggered if I won't do everything I can for you.
Crow: No, but if you say I did, then I'm sure I did. Because you're sweet like that.
Uh-huh. That's totally how it's gonna go down.
But I digress.
Because when I looked up and saw this sky light, I said to Crow, "I feel a post coming on" and snapped the picture and sent it to myself. I didn't tell her what kind of post I was feeling, because if I had, I would have started crying right then and there.
Because when I saw that light, I thought, "That's Crow. That's what she is to me. Light."
Light, when I've needed it most.
Light, when I quit believing that there was a sun.
Light, offering warmth when I was frozen cold.
Light, illuminating some paths that I'd never have navigated without her.
You know how sometimes you say, "Everything happens for a reason"? I understand one of the trails I traversed down; I understand it completely.
It led me to her, and into the light.
Thank you, Crow, for everything you've given the Queen's and I.
That picture is how I'll always think of you; like sunlight streaming into my soul.
Thank you for your kind comments Jenn. But you're still not getting it...the walls are going to be WHITE! Plain white. :)
ReplyDeleteThey can't be plain white. You've got to add SOME color. I'm so with Jenn on this one. O:-)
ReplyDeleteWHITE....are you crazy (well, we know you are) but, white? What are you thinking....at least do a light tan or something...
ReplyDeleteBut, I'm actually thinking about diong Orange in our LR....you're going to laugh, I know...but...I'm seriously thinking about it...just got to get it past Dustin!!
Get some color in your life girl!!!
Just think, it'll be a Detroit Tiger's room!
ReplyDelete. . .if you can stand a tribute to them, the way they're playing!