Sunday, February 10, 2008

Hell Has Frozen Over...Again

Dad had Friday off of work and spent a good portion of the day and evening working on my house. As you can see I now have a chimney. You can also see my kitchen skylight to the left of the chimney. Yesterday Dad worked on creating a diversion for water and snow on the back of the chimney while I put nailers for drywall in the corners of the house.

Yesterday was very pleasant to work. The temperatures were above freezing, and I didn't even need my coat. Today is a completely different story. It is only 2 degrees outside as I write this. That is a temperature without a windchill. We are planning on skipping the actual construction portion of the house work today. Instead we are heading to Bay City to go to the home builders show. Dad would like some more insulation quotes. We've also been looking at fireplaces and gas logs recently.

So, for those of you here in Michigan...try to keep warm. For those of you in more temperate climates...send some warm weather this way! Vic, you can keep your tornadoes in Tennessee...I just want the warmth.

No comments:

Post a Comment