Monday, August 18, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend


What a weekend! I don't have a bunch to report, as we were pretty busy this weekend, but as you can see from the pictures we have most of the house sided. The rest of the siding consists of smaller pieces, so we're waiting until we get the front porch done to see what size scrap we have to work with for the chimney and other sections.

Grandpa and I were able to finish the north end of the garage on Saturday before I had to leave. Grandpa was then able to finish the wall with the door in it after I was gone. Dad got the chimney ready for some siding and ran the gas line to my fireplace.

Laura had a friend up this weekend to do the triathlon in Sanford. They did a relay with Laura swimming, River biking, and Megan running. If the field would have been even they would have won...but the lost to a team with 2 men on it...and only by a minute! But they had fun, so that's what counts. After the triathlon Mom, Laura, River and I went to the Tigers' game. Luckily they won that game of the series...I can't say that they did so well the other two games.

Sunday Dad and I did some shopping at Home Depot and worked on the house for a couple hours. My cousin Steven had his Eagle Scout ceremony Sunday afternoon. So we headed to Saginaw for that. Steven has been out to the house to help put down the floor. He's a great guy and a very decorated boy scout. He had a large number of friends and family come to recognize his achievements. As I listened throughout the ceremony to the qualities of a boy scout, Steven fits those qualities to a T. I also had to smile when I heard that his Indian name given to him means "tall loyal helper" because that is Steven. Steven now joins three other fantastic members of the family in the Eagle Scout rank, two cousins and a great uncle. Congrats Steven!

This morning I was also happy to find out that Paco and his wife have welcomed the newest member of the Pi Rho clan to their family, a baby boy named Carson.

So not A LOT of news on the house, besides the fact that we are still moving along at a quick pace. But some fantastic news from family and friends...which we all know makes our lives as rich as they are.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment