Yesterday was a good day...
Until I made my nightly visit to the house...
Ok, I'm exaggerating a bit...it wasn't that bad...but it was that good either.
I noticed that my plumber had visited again for a short time. He put some copper where my kitchen sink will be, in the half bath, and the laundry room. I decided to check downstairs to see if he had hooked up the water, or run the gas line, or any other pipes in the basement.
Upon my arrival in the basement I noticed that there was about 1/2" of water covering 90% of the basement floor. My first thought, "Oh shit!" My second thought, "How odd...I can hear my sump running" My third thought, "Really, Oh shit! If my sump is running why do I have water in my basement?????" So I called Dad to ask if he had talked to the plumber that day, and he hadn't, but was going to call him to investigate this water issue. When I transferred my pump to my other two crocks full of water I blew the GFI outlet it was plugged into (twice)...I thought, "Ah ha! It must have blown a breaker and Jim reset it for me so it would run." I plugged the pump into a non-GFI outlet...but still had worries in the back of my mind that it might blow a breaker and this could possibly happen again.
I started squeegeeing the basement floor. I decided that doing this in high-heeled boots and dress pants probably wasn't the best idea, so I called Laura to bring me some jeans and my work boots. As she and Mom were surveying the basement Mom asked, "Laura, do you have chicken on the grill at home?" OOPS!
Later in the evening when Dad and I finally caught up he informed me that when Jim arrived at the house the sump was not plugged in! I don't know how it got unplugged, I don't know when it got unplugged, but it was. So I guess I can't complain about my plumber too much...he did save my basement from another major flooding.
Anyway, all is well again...the sump is plugged back in. The water should be dried up from the floor today. The plumber is working on the house. And the Tigers won another game last night.
So, all is right with the world again? Life is good.
ReplyDeleteSo glad it ended on a high note!
ReplyDelete