Monday, April 28, 2008

Nothing Real Exciting


My week in North Carolina was pretty nice. The weather was cooler down there than it was up here throughout the week. That was slightly disappointing, as I was hoping to be spending my down time in shorts and flip-flops! THEN, when I returned to Michigan, I found the weather up here has turned cold again also!

While I was gone Dad finished up my basement windows. He installed the windows and window wells. Saturday afternoon we had to go steal some gravel from a local business. I suggested that if we were stealing it, maybe we should go at night, wearing black. But Dad assured me we weren't stealing it, he had a note from the owner saying we could take a few buckets of gravel for the window wells. Whew...I was a bit worried! :)

This weekend was used to wrap up some miscellaneous projects. We built a ladder in the chimney to make it easier to work on the fireplace, and build up the chimney stack from the inside. We temporarily placed the fireplace in it's spot just to get an idea of how it will look. We are awaiting my special order from Menards to fully assemble the chimney parts and place the fireplace.

Sunday I worked on finishing up my speaker wire while Dad put together an attic access in the garage. Once my speaker wires were finished I spent the rest of the day on my hands and knees, with the shop vac, vacuuming out the stud spaces and doing a thorough cleaning. I have about half the house done.

For the second weekend in a row I have had to evict some birds from my house. They seem to think that my eaves are a safe place to build their nest! I'm not sure what kind of bird it is, it flew away pretty quickly when I walked into the room.

I purchased my shower faucets this weekend. I got a pretty good deal on them at Home Depot. So hopefully my plumber will come back out and FINISH the job, now that he has the parts to work with.

Steve was out working in the basement yesterday. I now have working lights with switches in my basement! We have just had some outdoor lights wired up to the joist, plugged in with extension cords until then. So that was exciting.

The only other exciting news I have is that Grandpa will be returning from Alabama this week! Yea!!!! Aunt Nora has been showing him pictures as the house goes up, and I guess he's anxious to get back to work on it. :) I'll be glad to have him back up north for the summer, and for his help to finish the house. Please pray for safe travels for him during his trip this week.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend...have a fantastic work week!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, talking about busy...
    And it all seems to be moving along swimmingly...

    ReplyDelete